Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Home

Our Association aim is to promote, foster and safeguard the level game of bowls for ladies in Leicestershire.

We aim to provide Friendly and Competitive Fixtures throughout the season for lady members from our affiliated clubs through:

The County Interclub League.

Inter County and Club Friendly games.

Midland County League.

Atherley Trophy.

County Finals for club lady winners in Fours, Triples, Pairs, Singles and Two Bowl Pairs.

Our affiliated clubs are Barwell, Carlton, Charnwood, Church Gresley, Leicester and Melton & District IBC.  

President Jenny McConnell President Jenny McConnell

Message from our President Elect.

It is an honour and a pleasure to be the President Elect of Leicestershire Ladies County Indoor Bowling Association for the 2020/21 season.  I am looking forward to having Cynthia Stock as my SVP and Pam Rogers as my JVP alongside me and our hardworking committee. Thanks also to Melton and District IBC for nominating me. 

LLCIBA have decided that all County Fixtures and Competitions will be cancelled during the coming season 2020/21. A full Fixture List will be arranged for the 21/22 season and County Competition Finals will resume in April 2022.

At our AGM in 2021 I will take up office and I will be looking forward to a full 2021/22 season and everyone giving all the games their full support.

The theme for the season will be keep smiling and enjoy the bowling.

My fundraising for 2021/22 year will go the County Association.

My President's day will be “Its Christmas” on December 2nd 2021.

Enjoy!

Your President Elect.

Jenny McConnell. 

Covid 19 

Our President, Officers and Committee have been waiting throughout the summer for an indication on what may or may not be included in the winter season for 20/21.  Our AGM could not be held in April and it was agreed the current committee would continue until an AGM could be arranged safely.  This is not to be possible.  The current Officers and committee have said they will remain in place until April 2021 to ensure the Association business is conducted.   It was felt the Presidential line should continue and we thanked President Mary for all she had done during her year in office and welcomed President Elect Jenny.  Leicester IBC were to propose Pam Rogers as JVP, and she happily agreed to this. Pam has been seconded onto our committee in that position.  

All the fixtures and Interclub League games had been arranged; however, the committee have taken the decision to cancel all Fixtures and Competitions during the 2020/21 season.  This was not done lightly.  There will be a difficult few month ahead. Our main aim is to keep our members safe and well and all our decisions will be based on this.  We will do all we can to keep you updated and if you have any questions please contact us and we will do our best to provide answers.